Each year since 1989 the Colorado Springs Fire Department has recognized the achievements of firefighters and other department staff. Since 1994, award recipients have been honored during the department's annual awards and recognition banquet.
The department also hosts a quarterly awards breakfast to recognize firefighters, civilian staff and local residents for their contributions to the department and to the community.
Fire Foundation of Colorado Springs is proud to support these awards and recognition programs by securing sponsors for both the annual banquet and the quarterly breakfasts. The Foundation's goal is to secure $75,000 in sponsorships for the annual banquet and to identify $2,000 sponsors for the breakfasts, which take place three times a year.
Organizations or individuals interested in sponsoring either event should contact Niki Cicak, Fire Foundation of Colorado Springs coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 Colorado Springs Fire Department Annual Award Recipients
2019 1st Quarter Award Recipients
- Emily LaChant (Grant Elementary School teacher) — Good Neighbor Award
- Joseph Brovont, Jason Jones, CSPD officers Josh Bliss and Allison Detwiler — Individual Citation
- Kevin Apuron, Josh Buck, Ty Mather, Fred Salazar, Eric Long, Jason Schireman, Will Sinnot, Trace Reeves and Don Watkins — Unit Citation
- Don Watkins, Fred Varnell and Kevin Ducy — Award of Merit
- Tony Malacera — Citizen Lifesaving
- Jay Dawes, Sarah Mros and Whitney Tramel (UCCS Peer Fitness) — Community Service
- Amy Sutherland, Tiffany Manaois, Cynthia McKenzie, Jennifer McWilliams, Shawn Schilling and Julie Wrobel (DFM-Support Services) — 1st Quarter Unit
2019 2nd Quarter Award Recipients
- Josh Webb -- #1 Firefighter Badge
- Rayanna Mileto, Lilianna Tillman, Samantha Walters — Good Neighbor Award
- CSPD Commander Mary Rosenoff, CSFD Captain Juliet Draper, CSFD Lt. Mike Evers, City of Colorado Springs Information Technology employees Blayne Blanton and Jesse Warner, and CrossConnect employee Bryan Wyland -- Individual Citations
- Capt. Mark Olson, Lt. Bill Pellegrino, Lt. Rick McNew, Troy Vujcich, Jason Shireman, Guy Martin, Chris Breeden, Alan Kent, Brian King, Joe Nelson, Dean Welch and Steven Patrick Swanson (SCBA, Air and Oxygen Program) — Unit Citation
- Capt. Brett Albert, Cory Piper, Trevor Olsen and Scott Hayes (Station 14C) — Unit Citation
- Tony Malacera, Kayla Myers, Ken Hans, Calvin Goode and Brittany Sanders — Citizen Lifesaving Award
- Trevor Leland, Stephen Larsen, Lt. Joey Buttenwieser, Lt. Ken Anderson, Carl Guivens and John Hussey — 2nd Quarter Unit